The Centre for Global Dialogue is the premier conference facility of Swiss Re, dedicated to the exploration of global insurance and risk issues.
The Centre strives to position Swiss Re at the forefront of innovative thinking within the risk transfer industry. It seeks to explore the future of risk coverage; to monitor and highlight changes in the risk landscape; and to be a catalyst for industry change.
The Centre facilitates dialogue between Swiss Re, its clients, leading global risk experts and other stakeholders. Its main functions include:
- Bringing knowledge into Swiss Re through the maintenance of a network of external contacts to organise research projects, conferences and events
- Promoting Swiss Re as a knowledge-led company through client and expert events, risk communications and appropriate risk-related sponsorships
- Providing a forum to facilitate business solutions for Swiss Re, both directly with clients, as well as through innovative product development
- Promoting the culture and values of Swiss Re through the Centre’s services and facilities, helping foster stakeholder confidence and attracting new talent
Under the overall leadership of Annabelle Hett, the Centre is divided into three units:
- Business Development (Christoph Nabholz) develops event content and agendas, and acquires the right mix of experts, knowledge leaders and decision makers to discuss risk topics and promote business solutions. The unit is also responsible for Centre communications, the website, event summaries and risk publications
- Risk Research Relations (Stephan Schreckenberg) systematically builds and maintains external expert networks, facilitates and coordinates collaborative research projects, and allocates and manages Swiss Re research related sponsorships
- Guest Services (René Isler) maintains the best-in-class hotel and conference facility, together with accompanying premier services