10 years Swiss Re Centre for Global Dialogue
16 Jun 2010
Ten years of dialogue - 120,000 visitors, 5,000 events and countless insights. The Swiss Re Centre for Global Dialogue is celebrating its 10 year anniversary.
The Swiss Re Centre for Global Dialogue first opened its doors in 2000. Over that time around 120,000 visitors have passed through those doors, attending an estimated 5,000 events staged at the Centre. From Swiss Re employees through to leading academic experts, government representatives and, above all, Swiss Re’s clients, have been among the visitors at the Centre.
Just as it was 10 years ago, the Centre’s remit remains to bring outside expertise into Swiss Re; and to share Swiss Re’s expertise with clients and stakeholders. As a result, the Centre has been involved in a number of major Swiss Re initiatives over the years, staging landmark conferences and launching major publications. These have included:
- 'Vision Zero’ (reduction of road accidents)
- Emissions reduction
- Adjusting to an ageing population
- The convergence of healthcare
- Energy resources
- Integrative risk management
There have also been changes over the decade at the Centre. Recent initiatives have focused on networking, with the creation of the Swiss Re Alumni and Retiree networks. We will soon enhance our risk network by being the liaison point for the Swiss Re-sponsored Chair in Integrative Risk Management at the Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich.
The Centre for Global Dialogue will mark its anniversary in a number of ways:
- Follow the red line – Regular visitors to the Centre will notice the addition of a red line running from the reception to the Forum, featuring the words “explore, inspire, communicate, engage, renew, create and value”. These words form the guiding principles of the Centre, and have been translated in 16 different languages from across the globe.
- New art work – A contemporary art piece by Fischli & Weiss will be newly installed at the Centre
- Anniversary event – A commemorative event has been organised for those involved in the creation of the Centre
- New website – The Centre will also launch its new interactive website in 2010 – a fitting tribute to a decade of dialogue at the Centre
In its tenth year, the Centre continues to organise stimulating and exciting events. We look forward to taking our dialogue on risk and insurance for another ten years and more.
Join the dialogue!